Elder Petersen

Elder Petersen
Toulouse, France

Sunday, July 22, 2012

May 21 - 2012

Iaorana!

That is Hello in Tahitian :) How are you all doing!!! It was such a blessing to receive a phone call from the office Elders Saturday to hear that Rubee was born!!! I'm an uncle once again ;) She is such a CUTIE too! Congrats Cami and Caleb!!!  Loved the photo with the toddlers too, ha, they are cuties too! Can't wait to squeeze their cheeks!!

Well one week come and gone again! It was a week of FINDING. We did a lot of contacting, street board, and door to door! Elder Coenen was a bit discouraged there at the end of the week; but gratefully it's another new beginning!!! ha ha :) I'm very happy :) Well.... don't know what else to say, so I thought I would throw bits and pieces of my letter to president in the mix ;) I love you all, and I can't wait to see you all!! 

P.S. You said that Mckelle Ayotte could get me a job at Texas Roadhouse??? Let me know :) 

JE VOUS AIME!!!!!


President,

    What a week of FINDING! We did so much finding, I LOVE the street board :) I hadn't really had the opportunity to have the real experience of street boarding until now :) 

     The district meeting was a real success this week! I fasted for inspiration, and more spiritual force; boy did the Lord bless me. I felt inspire to discuss about perseverance. I have been focusing on that a lot lately, and it is something our district needs. There are 3 missionaries who will finish next transfer! I felt as though it would help my companion and I as well. We read through President Monson's General Conference address, "Worthy and Willing" I really enjoyed this talk about our Duty, and I highlighted many citations, but one of my favorites was " When faith  replaces doubt, when selfless service eliminates selfish striving, the power of God brings about His purposes." I do not want my selfish desires to get in the way of the Lord's purposes.... That is an important lesson I have learned on the Mission; putting the Lord first. We all want to do so many things, but place the Lord second in priority sometimes. We all need to become like our savior and give ourselves to the father, " I also noticed that you didn't list an engagement for the mission subject, so I invited the district to continue studying scriptures and reflecting on experiences they have had with the spirit in order to help their investigators understand!!!! 
  
    I held my exchange with Elder Russo! He is a very good missionary! Full of energy, has a great faith, and loves to work! It was such a joy to do this exchange. He even helped us find TWO new investigators :) In whole, we have a whopping 4 new investigators!!! Woop Woop! 
  
    Antonio( our Italian investigator) doesn't see the difference between our church and the Catholic... we will have to be more frank with him this week... Anthony is still very unstable :( But hope for our newbies!! Laticia, Pierre, Jimmy and Richard!
   
 My sister had her baby this week!! Her name is Rubee Anne Mendenhall, and he she was born Friday morning at about 3:00. I'm an Uncle again!!!! 
  
 My studies were rich this week; I found the 6 things from Alma 33 and  34 that will grow our faith! 1- Searching the scriptures(33: 2) 2-Prayer(33: 4,34:17-28) as well as service to our fellow man! 3- Follow the Prophet(33:17) 4- Place our trust in the Lord(33:22), and increase our understanding of the Atonement(34:8-10) 5- Be patient (34:3), and humble(34:19) 6- "tenter l'experience" by REPENTANCE! (34:4,30) Repentance has been something very valuable to me lately, I feel that the Lord is truly forgiving me, and my faith is growing in our Savior!
   
Thanks for all that you do President!!! -Elder Petersen



No comments:

Post a Comment