Elder Petersen

Elder Petersen
Toulouse, France

Sunday, July 22, 2012

May 14, 2012

Bonjour à Tous!

It was so great to talk to you all yesterday! Sorry if I didn't have much to say!! I'm a dork sometimes. You are all so beautiful and healthy lookin'! I pray that the Lord will continue to bless you ;) I hope the pregnancy will go well Cami 

This week was a difficult week... I got to know Elder Coenen Pretty well, but the work was very slow. A lot of raté-vous, and contacting. However, it wasn't terrible, we had the opportunity to do street boarding for the first time this week since it stopped raining, and street boarding is so much fun! We just decided to make it simple and just stick a book of Mormon on the board with putty... it was great to be able to use it for reading scriptures with people! We took 'pop-out books' to a whole new level! We were able to take several people's information, and even fix some appointments! I now know why the assistants always talked it up so much!!
   This week was difficult as well because Elder Coenen is struggling... He is having a hard time focusing on the work because his fiancee sent him a dear John a couple weeks ago.Sad. I had to come down to his level of thinking for a week, but I feel like we can go back up together :) I understand his personality now, and I think that is something I haven't down very well during my mission... I have always stayed up at my level, and never moved. 
   We got into contact with Anthony again! He came to the Family Home Evening at the young adult center. We will be seeing him for an appointment today :) And boy did Antonio, our Italian investigator, feel the spirit this week. Saturday morning, we met with him to teach him about faith. We felt that was what he needed the night before. He began to tell us in our appointment that he was very tired and very stressed out. He sees that he has many weaknesses... it was his words that triggered a scripture to come into my head, Ether 12:27. We asked him to read it, and see why we have weaknesses. He read in Italian, so I didn't understand much, but he only read for a few lines and choked up.. he couldn't speak, and even began to cry. He didn't know why, and kept repeating out loud, "what is happening?" I felt like Ammon when he saw that the king Lamoni was being converted by the spirit; I had a smile from ear to ear and felt so much joy! I answered boldly, "That is the spirit" What a simple truth! We helped him understand that the answers to his prayers will be answered similarly. It was that experience that set the tone for the entire lesson! He told us he wants to continue, and that he needs this in his life. This week I have been studying how the Spirit influences us, and my testimony is now firm... the spirit is the true teacher! It is he who brings about such a great change with our investigators.. and even us!
   President Murdock asked us to read  2 Nephi 9 and find three elements :) .... A way to start out a contact, something I can do better, and something to share with our investigators. After reading 2nephi 9:4-7, I felt this would be a good way to start out a conversation, "What does death mean to you?"  I felt like 2nephi 9:51 applied to me; meaning that there is more that I can do to remember what is the MOST important right now, and not wasting time on things that are trivial. And then I thought that 2 nephi 9 :41 was a scripture I would share with some of our investigators to help them understand that there is only one path that leads to eternal life!
   This week, D&C 6:14-24 comforted me very well as well. I had some personal conflict  and doubts about certain things this week, but this scripture applied to me in a way that I cannot explain in words ;) This week I'm going to focus more outward and start working and serving selflessly. That's the only way! 

Well I love you all and can't wait to talk to you again.... see you in a couple months!

P.S.photos of the pool are from the members house where we did our calls. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment