Elder Petersen

Elder Petersen
Toulouse, France

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Dec 6-2011 Bergerac


Bonjour Tous!

   What a great week! Lots of good things are happening, and I love Bergerac! We are beginning to find some new people through our efforts to porte, and contact, and I am excited to see the results!
   It was a good week for our investigators: We taught Mme. Foucaud, and she is progressing! She only has a few concerns, but we are going to try to get her husband involved. All concerns are solved if he is in on it haha!
   We seen Bernard, and it was..... a bit crazy. Bernard is the father of Sr. Bouchet(member)  Well anyways,  His two nephews were drunk in his house and wouldn't leave. We went next door to Sr. Bouchet’s house who is a member (Sr. Bouchet) and to make a long story short, his nephews ended up in the street screaming and moaning for Bernard. Eventually, the police came and took away his nephews. It is sad, because they just lost both their parents and trying to cope with it, however alcohol isn’t the answer. I am so grateful for the peace, joy, and hope the Plan of Salvation brings me in my life. I know that whatever happens, I can see my family again after this life. If only these young men knew!
    We had a lot of people at church today! It was great; I’d say about 40-50 people. We also seen Sr. Ouiste, a less active show up for church. Saturday night I told Elder Willett we should invite her to church, and he wasn’t very confident because Sr. Ouiste has some problems with the church. However I called her and told her we had just got done praying and thought to invite her to come to church.  She said, "I'll come if I'm motivated" I said in response, "well we are going to pray that you are motivated then!” She was motivated J God answers our prayers and does so according to our HOPE and FAITH!!!
   District meeting was a success! We had to hold it Friday because Brive didn't have trains due to a strike. I need to move the meeting on a little be faster, but overall, we were all edified and learned some great ways to work with the members. Elder Willett and I have already invited many members to give a Dedicated Book of Mormon as a Christmas gift. Woop Woop! I also invite you to do so! Think of someone that has just had a baby, a death in the family, or is having difficulties raising their teenage children, and give them a special gift this Christmas; a dedicated Book of Mormon. Write your testimony in the front and tell them why it means so much to you! For example, the Book of Mormon gives us answers as to where we come from, why we are here, and where we will be going. My testimony is simple. It testifies of Christ, and that He is our Savior. It is by and through Him and his Atonement that we can find comfort and peace!
   I also did my exchange with Elder Williams at Perigueux. He is a very interesting Elder, but a hard worker! We taught some great lessons, and were able to contact, and porte. He is very charismatic and has a way to win over people's hearts. You wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I see someone that I met last year on exchange in Perigueux! That means I was there for one day, met someone, and a year later, on another exchange I seen her. I gave her a book of Mormon and dedicated it in front of her! Miracle!
   I'm doing well overall, I'm finding it harder and harder to find time for everything! ha ha.  I have been trying to catch up in my journal..... I sure hope I can catch up, I really value the time I have to write in my journal.
   I did have one experience that I would like to share with you. I studied the prophecies of Christ like President Murdock told us to, and I had a powerful experience this week. Saturday night, we were porting and I had an experience that strengthened my testimony of Christ and his Atonement. We were let into an apartment building after using the sonnerie, and two people opened their doors. One was an elderly man in a wheel chair, and the other a middle aged man. I addressed the old man in the wheel chair as "Madame" because at the time it wasn't evident that he was a man. He was missing on leg and he was wearing a very long nylon sock on the other. The middle aged man said to me, "Can't you tell that it's a man?" in an angry manner. I was stunned, I felt terrible. He repeated again, "Can't you see the difference?" I replied, "I'm sorry, I made a mistake, I'm not perfect". It was then I bore one of the most powerful testimonies about Christ's Atonement and the miracle of Forgiveness. I told the man I was there because I knew Christ forgives all men. I was in tears, and I turned to the man and asked for forgiveness. He couldn't speak due to medical problems, but I seen his response in his eyes. I also saw the man's composure change completely as well, the eyes do not lie. I don't know how to explain it, but I know they both were very touched by the spirit. The power of the Atonement is extended to all men; I know it is true, because I have felt it.
  I received your first package! I will be expecting the others! I'm sure which bizarre address you are talking about.... is it one for Thoiry? That is a french correspondence for the mission home because the mission home is actually in Switzerland. Oh I need Lindsey's address!!!! Oh and I would like you to search for ear muffs called "180's" or something like that. They are really slim and smooth looking ear muffs, that would be nice for the winter season :) I sent you another package, so be expecting it soon! 
   I love you all, until the next time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment