Elder Petersen

Elder Petersen
Toulouse, France

Sunday, July 22, 2012

April 1, 2012

Ma famille !

It is CRAZY BIG here in Toulouse ! I love it, but I’m still  a bit lost at times. Gratefully, my companion will not lose me like that one time that dad lost me at the bathroom in Disney land….. I don’t know if you lost me dad, but I remember walking out of the bathroom and freaking out because you weren’t there! Ha ha

Elder Puairau is great! I can’t remember if I told you, but he gave me some sea shell necklaces when I arrived!! It was legit! We get along pretty well,; he’s still new to the mission, so I will be polishing him up a bit! It is fun to live in an apartment with many missionaries too ;) Elder Buss is one of the Elders, and he is actually going to be training, so he left today for Switzerland to pick up his new missionary!

It is a ton of fun to ride all the metros (underground trams or subway) but I still am not direction oriented! We have buses too, but there is a strike this week, so the buses are changed up a bit… oh the French and their desire to retire at 60 ha ha! We live outside of Toulouse center ville, we have to take a metro to get into the city. It isn’t too bad. The weather is great too!!!

We also have a young adult’s center here in Toulouse; it is the old mission office :=)  We contact a lot of young people here, so the center is great for teaching and inviting them to activities! We go there every day. It is weird, the office where President Carter did his first interview with me is now supply room. I still remember where I had my first French baguette sandwich as a missionary too!!!

We have an investigator named Antony that will be baptized in two weeks! He is 20  years old, and has a problem with smoking! He is praying to receive his testimony as well!!! Please keep him  in your prayers, he will be going cold turkey from cigarettes this week!

By the way I LOVED GENERAL CONFERENCE!!! Sadly it is the last I will have seen as a full-time missionary.. weird!!!
Well on the new front for after the mission, I learned that is discouraged by the first presidency to stay with members while I’m still a missionary … so for Gap, we may need a hotel.  Hope that works.  Is there a way you could get me Parker Beus’s contact info too? And Carson Holden, and Wade Bronson’s as well.
Well I gotta go for now! We’ll talk again soon! 

Elder Petersen





 Oh mom and dad, look at your son! Aren't you proud? ha ha. Do you think people would talk to me if I went out like this?

 hope to get in the Ensign! Oh and the other photo is of Frère Elder Allal, who is a member that served a mini-mission this week! He served with Elder Buss because Elder Buss's new companion comes into the mission a week later than the transfer. I know Frère Allal's dad in Brive; he is the Branch President haha!!! It is such a small world!

No comments:

Post a Comment