Elder Petersen

Elder Petersen
Toulouse, France

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Jan 30, 2012


Ma famille et mes amis!
  
  Well another week come and gone! Not much happening in Bergerac. Mme. Pillot accepted and rejected baptism in a manner of a few days. She accepted a date for the 18 February after an amazing rendez-vous, and the next morning she called us to tell us she wants to stop, and politely asked us to not call her anymore. Sadly, she caught wind of some anti-Mormon propaganda and it scared her off. Everyone has their free agency...however, it's sad to see them make the wrong choices. Satan has such a great hold of the hearts of men in this country!
  Bright side is that I'm happy:) It's hard to see people us their agency is such a terrible way, but I can't let that discourage me from working and exercising my for good ;) There is SO MUCH HOPE in missionary work!
  This mission home forwarded me a ton of letters this week! I got Christmas cards from Holly Hatch, Fr. Vital (Ward mission leader from Carcassonne), and the Rubino Family! I also got letters from Sister Hatch, Elder Deakin, Uncle Steve, and my convert Jérôme Corneloup! I was blessed so much this week! It was so good to see that I have roots here in France now! Jérôme is going strong in the church at Gap! Can't wait to see him again!
   It's rather cold here, winter finally hit! No snow though. Sad story, my top button on my pea coat popped off :( Another sad story, left my umbrella at the train station in a neighboring city :( Good thing a got a hood on my raincoat ;)
   I had exchanges with the Zone leaders on Tuesday, and the Elders at Perigueux on Thursday after district meeting. On Thursday I was with Elder Hamilton at Perigueux. I did something really stupid on exchange, and I must tell you. We visited a less active... but I forgot he was less active in the middle of the lesson. The conversation lead to baptism and well... I invited a less active to baptism! DOH!!!! Gratefully, he didn't really understand what was going on, so saved by the bell on that one. However, Elder Hamilton will never let me live it down... and I'm sure he is going to tell many missionaries about it....Credibility as a district leader... going, going... and gone! Ha ha, no I'm not really that worried about it  I'm sure laughing about it now!
   In the mission we are starting to focus on really working with the members to find people to teach. They are the key to missionary work and finding those who are ready for the Gospel! If you have any ideas on how to get the members excited about missionary work, let me know!
   This Saturday we are having an activity for the youth, "Cowboy night" where we will be playing games, and teaching them how to do the "Bootin' scoot boogy". Still need to work out some kinks with the sound and decorations, so pray for us!! This needs to be a success to strengthen our youth of the branch!

For everyone: 

  I do also have another question; Do you know of anyone that works in a laboratory for a cosmetic company? There is a girl in the branch that would like to do an internship in the U.S. and she asked me if I knew anyone.... do we know someone? Also I sent you my garments back; they are a size 30 and I wear 32. Could you exchange them please? Oh and about the "end"? i have been penciling a few things out, but it's not ready yet. I'll get back to you on that! Can I just say that I'm am stoked! I'm not excited to lug around my two years of luggage though...

For da Mamma:

 When is school registration? Are you on top of it? I bet you are ha ha!!! I'm sure that Tad will be contacting you soon! Tell him that I said bonjour :) I think it is really cool you get to do Curtis's temple work as well... I was always going to tell you to wait till I got home, but I realized that it was a selfish desire.

For everyone:  

 Well, I love you all, and I can't wait to hear from you again the next week :) Transfer calls are next week! Make some guesses of what is going to happen, that will spice things up a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment