Elder Petersen

Elder Petersen
Toulouse, France

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Dec 12,2011 Bergerac





President,

Wow what a week! It has been a little difficult finding people this week, but the Lord has been blessing us with tender mercies here and there :) Especially today! We were able to teach Bernard's son, and nephew. They both want to read the Book of Mormon and Pray. They even said they would be baptized when they knew it was true!

We met with a woman named Phyllis on Tuesday. She is American, and she is so GOLDEN! She wants to do what God has planned for her, but she just doesn't want to be deceived. She almost was baptised into a cult.... She has a daughter that is preparing to be baptized into the Catholic church, so we need to act fast! ha ha Phyllis accepted to read the Book of Mormon and pray. When we talked about baptism, She told us that she will do anything God tells her to do too. :) 

We taught a Muslim family on Monday, they were open to hear our message, but they didn't go much further than that. I invited them to read and pray; they said they would read... and I invited them to baptism, but they shot that down. They were nice, and I have hope for them in the future.

We dropped Hugette as an investigator; she needs some time. Mme. Foucaud didn't come to church, but was very receptive to our lesson on following the prophet. She told us today that she talked to her husband about quiting smoking together. They are going to try! Woop Woop! BLESSINGS!

People are very hard to contact here, they are very closed off. When I finally get down to the nitty gritty with someone, I find out they are mad at God. I feel like everyone is angry at God, and it is because they don't understand the Plan of Salvation. I feel sad for these people, I make sure to let them know that God loves them, and created a plan to help them be happy. They usually just laugh.... or simply aren't ready to accept our message. Despite the opposition, I know what is true, and I have never been happier in my life because of it! 

I went home this week! I made an exchange with Brive, that is; it went very well! Elder Prunin is a great Elder and I'm so proud to have him and Elder Caldwell in Brive, they are such great missionaries! It was such a wonderful opportunity to see some members and my converts again as well. I was so excited to see the family Créquit!!! I got to see Iraj Soltani too. I saw Fr. Selli, and Jeremy too! I felt so loved, they all remembered me, and were so happy to see me! I'm so lucky, it isn't every day that you get to go back to your blue ville. I never thought I would go back. One year ago I was working in Brive! That is so weird!!! I love that I can speak and understand french now:) ha ha.   Jeremy fed us my favorite meal too, roggaie saucisse! 


I don't have much time to write much more, but I will send you a lot of photos to make up for it ha ha:) I love you and all that you do for me! Happy birthday momma, and have a great Christmas y'all! I'm sorry I forgot your birthday Knowll!! I love you pal, I'll be shooting you a card in the mail soon! 

p.s. I get to talk to some Scottish people sometimes too ha ha!! I love their accent too mama! Oh and no site of the package yet, but I'll be on the look out!

No comments:

Post a Comment