Elder Petersen

Elder Petersen
Toulouse, France

Monday, July 23, 2012

June 18 - 2012



My president's letter :)

President,

  This last week was one of our better weeks together, and actually one of the hardest! Thank you for the wonderful opportunity I have to work with Elder Routhier, it is like a breath of fresh air! When you told me that he would be my  next colleague, I laughed because he made such a drastic move.... across the river haha. 
  Elder Coenen's attitude improved a lot this week, and I feel like he is going to do so well in Cannes! He is a interesting fellow! He complained about being here in the sun, and after he got the call, he was sad to leave! I have a lot of hope for him, and I pray he becomes a PMG missionary :)
   We were able to teach Anastasia again this week!!!!! She is home on medical leave for work; she fell down the stairs and tore a muscle in her knee. I consider it a tender mercy, because she is home for 5 weeks :) She knows that baptism is the important and that she needs to do it, but she is undecided for the moment. She still gets a hard time from her ex... we told her that she doesn't need to worry about his blind threats; they will mean nothing  before a judge. She came to church this week :) We are going to engage her to a date this week :) 
  We visited Denis Guirisima, a less active; he is doing well... just not coming to church!!!! 
  I always love new transfers, and new colleagues; it means a fresh start! I have so many new goals and plans for this transfer so that I can become a PMG missionary. I have really lost myself in the PMG challenge! I have seen so many things that I can do better, and I love applying what I learn! I feel so much growth! I remember studying Humility this week, and I realized that the only way that we will grow in this work is if we are humble. When we are humble, we submit to the Lord's will, and are willing to do anything he asks us. When humility ceases, so does growth.
   I did an exchange with Elder Stanford this week, and he is a great missionary! I don't feel like he is a missionary at the beginning of his mission; he is very mature and very strong in the knowledge of the Gospel. What I love is that he applies the principles of Preach my Gospel as well. 
   President, I'm really going to miss you! I have really enjoyed writing you each and every week! I feel like one day, I am going to see all these letters and I am going to be able to see what growth I made on my mission. Thank you for always taking the time to read and listen :) Thank you Sister Murdock for all your love!!!! I was so happy that I could give you hug at the Zone conference! You have no idea how much it means to me :) It's hard to not have the affection of your mother at the edge of your finger tips! I realized how blessed I am now! I wish you a great trip back to the U.S. and we'll see you in October!!


This week was a week full of finding ha ha. We tried to get our names on a list at a hospital as representatives for our church that talk with those in difficulty... yeah that didn't fly haha! They told us to talk with the administration another day. We ate at a member's home yesterday, she is crazy cool! She is Italian, but has lived in France forever. She is the head of the Genealogy at Toulouse.

We said goodbye to Elder Barton and Sister Fernanez this morning! They are finishing their missions. There were 10 that finished their missions this transfer; there will be 26 in my group!!! Holy cheese balls! 

Well, my studies of the Gospel have been getting more and more fruitful; we are reading Preach My Gospel all the through this month, and I'm seeing so much I didn't see before! It is fun to see new things and apply them. I feel like that is why the Gospel is so active, because you are constantly learning and applying what you learn... that is if you are humble. When humility ceases, growth goes with it! 

I can't believe that Carry is married... weird.  Be sure to congratulate her, as well as Johnny!!! I'm happy that Cami got my letter :) It will be sad not to see her for another year and a half!   I'm going to write her for sure. By the way  I LOVE YOU GRANDMA AND GRANDPA PETERSEN!!! I LOVE YOU GRANDPA ANDREASEN!!!

Hope you had a good father's day pappa :) You are such a great day, such a great example of selfless service and humility :) Thanks dad :) You look really good too, so skinny and you aren't losing your hair!! YOU ARE A STALLION!!

I am so blessed to have such a beautiful family as well, Rubee and Emma are such cuties! Alli is so darling, and Mason is a little stud!!!! Can't wait to see you all!!!!

Well that is all from me this week. Sorry I don't have much share, but know that I love you and after my mission I'll tell you but loads of stories!!



Love Elder Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment