Elder Petersen

Elder Petersen
Toulouse, France

Sunday, July 22, 2012

June 4 2012

Well, this week was so much better than others! There were alot of ups and downs, but Elder Coenen is making headway! He is coming around to the fact that he can't do it on his own anymore. Last night he asked for a blessing, and I feel like he is going to go up, up, and away for here! I'll admit, there were a few times that his attitude could have been a lot better, but like I said he is making giant steps! 
   He really enjoys singing, and so do I. I am going to try to incorporate music into our proselyting as much as possible to keep things up! I think that will be something that will boost his faith! He is contacting more people now as well. Still not a lot, but more :)
   This week was REALLY HOT, and it has COOLED down a lot ha ha. The weather is unpredictable!!! P.S. maybe that is because we don't watch the forecast haha. Elder Coenen's face is really sensitive to the sun, so we gotta be careful, but I'm doing great :D Never felt better! Just still not used to the humidity when it rains.... 
   This week was full of MIRACLES, as you can see from the photo that I attached :) We were able to find a new investigator, Samir,  and a half, Amine!I say half, because we haven't taught Amine yet, but he came to church! It is a miracle how we met them! I was on exchange with a Zone Leader(Elder Grossen), and we were walking down a random street to get to another street for a pass back. I contacted a man, and he simply gave us the code to entry into the building. He even said " I don't know if I can do this, but here it is. Pass by another time." Saturday, we passed someone that we forgot we already passed... but we were just next door to the man, Samir, who gave us his code for entry. So, we passed him. The code worked, he was home, he let us in, and he is now a new investigator! MIRACLE! 
  Other miracle, is Amine. This happened the same day of exchange that we met Samir. We were doing the street board, and I was contacting a strong opinioned man. He wouldn't leave.... anyways, Amine, a 20 year old man, comes up and just asks if he can listen. He listened for a while, but he finally left our conversation to speak with my colleage. After I broke away from the very obstinate man, I was able to join in with teaching Amine the plan of salvation, which was displayed on our storyboard(thank the sister missionaries :) He told us he liked it, and he wanted to come to church. He came to church, LOVED it, and even commented that he loved seeing so many people smile. He said that it was so good that it didn't even feel like it was three hours long! He is going to meet with us on Thursday, and he will be coming to church next week, :)
    Something that we learned in companionship study this week is that we need to help our investigators understand why we give them commitments every appointment! For example, "We give you these invitations to keep the commandments, because if you don't, there is no way you can be baptised. And if you aren't baptised by the proper authority, you cannot return to live with our Heavenly Father." It is frank, and direct, and may seem a little harsh, but that is because we understand that there salvation is on the line! 
    So, I bought a new tie :) It is red, Don't have many red ties. It was only 10 euros. Talked to a cool British guy that owns the store too. Also bought some new running shoes for a steal of 15 euros. My others are too small, I think my feet have grown. Well that is all for the financial front ha ha.
   So, I wouldn't mind staying in Carcassonne only one day, if that is what you want to do. We even could ask the missionaries to open up the church and we could leave our luggage their. We could contact a member too, but you'll need to add a plan to your cell phone so it won't be super expensive while in France... just FYI. I was thinking the same thing with Gap, we stay in gap one day, then the next day we pass through Sisteron, maybe visit some members, and then continue on through the country side to Aix en Provence, and maybe we would have to stay there for a night, then pick up our bags to go to Carcassonne the next morning... Just an idea. We have the extra day so, yeah.
     we could always go from Sisteron to Aix en Provence to Canne, and stay the night there... you decide. Just keep in mind that Elder Park will still be in Aix en Provence most likely... he called me the other day on accident!!!! It was so good to talk to him haha!!! You would have never thought we were in the same mission till now! Maybe that would be bad to meet up with him now that I think  about it...It might be against the rules...He finishes the week after we get home, he is finishing early for school. Did you know that? 
    
Well now I would just like to you give you some cool quotes that I have gathered :)

"I know what pleasure is, for I have done good work" -Robert Louis Stevenson

"When faith replaces doubt, when selfless service eliminates selfish striving, the power of God brings to pass His purposes." - President Monson

" To have faith isn't enough, to be faithful is what is asked of us." -Elder Buss

"When God judges our works, he isn't going to say, " So, how much faith did you get while on earth?" Rather he'll ask, "How faithful were you?" -Elder Buss

" A great indicator of one's personal conversion, is the desire to share the Gospel with others." Preach My Gospel

Well, I love you all, have a great day, and talk to you next time!!!
 
EBRANLEZ L'ENFER
                       Alma 48:17





No comments:

Post a Comment