Elder Petersen

Elder Petersen
Toulouse, France

Monday, July 23, 2012

June 25 - 2012

My letter to President Murdock for the last time as my mission president :(


President,

  Thank you so much for all you have done!!! I am so blessed to have Elder Routhier as a companion! What a joy, he is so energetic and talks to everyone! I'M so darn tootin' happy! ha ha, we are getting a long very well! 
  Not only are we getting along but we are doing WORK! We engaged the parents of a part member family to baptism and they accepted the 28th of July!!! They have been investigators for 8 years! They held off marriage because the dad was in the middle of a lengthy divorce; it lasted 15 years!!! Aye yai yai!!!! It is a miracle! The way in which they accepted the date is a miracle too!
  Saturday, we visited them, but they taught us the Word of Wisdom! We had engaged them several weeks before :) They have a very strong testimony of the Word of Wisdom, and know that Joseph Smith was and is a true prophet. The spirit was there and edified us all.Towards the end of the lesson, the moment felt so right to invite them to baptism! I promised them that the blessings of the Gospel are so much greater once they are confirmed members of the church. The mother expressed that she has been receiving pressure from Heavenly Father to get baptized, and she feel now it is the time! They have many problems in their family right now, but they know that if they do it now, it is what God wants! THE SPIRIT WAS SO STRONG!  
   I learned that if we create an environment where the spirit can teach, our investigators will received the spiritual witnesses they need! I realize now that asking our investigators to teach us was what created that environment! 
   Their names are Danielle(not sure of her last name) , and Jean Devaux.  SAD NEWS, they just called me, and told me that because he is a foreigner, the marriage process will take longer than planned.... it won't be possible until September! Ahhh..... Paper work.... I guess it is necessary, but a pain sometimes. I was really excited to have a baptism the last week of my mission..... Well, too bad. There is a time for everything as the Lord says. Got to do things the right way, and the right order.
    I did study Moses 6, and I really enjoyed the promise that the Lord gave to Enoch. He promised him this, "wherefore all thy words will I justify" I know that the Lord makes that same promise with his servants today. I have experienced it many times on my mission, and it comforts me to know that the Lord always is there to back me up in what I say, and what blessings I promise :)
    Elder Routhier and I are working hard to find more people, and I know that there is so much more we can learn from Preach My Gospel to find new investigators!  Preach My Gospel is such a miracle, and I feel it is becoming, "my book"
   Well, I pray that your travel home will be quick and secure! May the Lord bless you and Keep you, and until the next time!
         With all my love,
                                   Elder Petersen

  Our week was so great! At first, believe it or not, it was hard to get used to a companion that is self reliant and self motivated! I felt a little unmotivated haha. Got over that fast :) We contacted so many people this week, and worked so hard to find new people! We have so many rendez-vous for this week :) I love Elder Routhier :) He is so much fun! 
  So I'm kind of bummed about the situation with our engaged family, now not engaged :( But what can ya do, not much, only pray and continue to work with them. We are going to pump them up for September too!!! 
  Hey happy late anniversary momma and pappa!!! Sorry I missed it. Happy birthday Colton!!! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMI LOO HOO BOO !!! Sorry got carried away with that one ;) ha ha I love you all and can't wait to see you soon! 
  Give grandpa Clair and Grandpa JDell a big ol' hug for me, tell them they've got true grit ha ha! That's what I always think of my two grandpa's, true grit :) 
  Oh about David, I plan on just dragging him around with me everywhere in preparation for college haha. Don't worry, I'll keep him pre-occupied :) Even if I put him to work with me in the yard haha. That is disgusting that Dash was covered in Poop, BAD DOG!!! ha ha ha

Well I love you all, can't wait to hear from you again!! Thanks for your wonderful letters ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment