Elder Petersen

Elder Petersen
Toulouse, France

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Jan 23, 2012


Family,
What a good week! We found two new investigators!!!! It was such a miracle; we dropped two of our investigators that we didn't want to, and the Lord blessed us with two more! The first is Nicholas, and the second Monique. Monique is pretty much the future relief society president, or as so Elder Willett says ha ha!!! GOLDEN! We had a really smooth Caussé lesson with her too, it was perfect! Was a bit of a shock to our member when we engaged her to baptism... he said, "It's a bit early for that isn't it?"... I'm not going to lie, I wanted to hit him ha ha! The members in France get really nervous when we invite people right off the bat, they think we are moving too fast. It didn't really matter, because she says that she feels that our message is true :) 
None of our investigators are progressing. We have prayed and fasted and feel that it is the best to drop Mme. Foucaud for a while... her husband still doesn't know, and I don't want this to blow up in our face and hers. She is flat out lying to her husband, and we don't want her to ruin her marriage. We have a really positive feeling of letting her go, too. It is a feeling that letting her go will bring forth fruits later :) Guillaume(son to the family Bouchet who are new converts) isn't progressing either, but is close to the tipping point. He wants to be part of the church, and he doesn't at the same time. When we asked him what was holding him back, he said "nothing". However, with some more questions, we got the idea that he thinks that God can't forgive him for the things that he has done. He has dreams now, and it is the same one each time. There is a bridge that leads up into some clouds; when he climbs and arrives at the top, he finds nothing and comes back down. I can't interpret it because I'm not a prophet( ha ha) but I know that Heavenly Father is trying to help him come to baptism! We need to figure out what is holding him back. We are going to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ this week, and focus on repentance. HE'S SO CLOSE!!!
It has been raining again :( We went to Perigueux today though and played soccer with the Elders there ;) That was fun! Transfers aren't until the 11 February I think. I will write a letter about the whole trip at the end of my mission thing! I am out of time! 
I love you all ciao ciao GROS BISOUS!!
For momma and the ward:
Our mission is focusing on finding families right now! Families, Families, Families! We have a goal to have 160 baptisms before the new mission president arrives in June. Want to give him a great welcome ;) That means every companionship in the mission has to have at least one baptism every other month until June! There are over 70 companionship's in the mission, it adds up. We have problems with the police and the local authorites when doing our proselyting activities sometimes. We have what we «call « street boarding kits », which are used plant in public areas and talk to passing people. We have the right to do it under national French law, but because France is so afraid of cults, notely the Jehovah's Witnesses, local authorities try to limit our freedom of proselyting. We have been trained by our Mission President how to deal with the police, and he has even told us that he will bail us out of jail if it come to that. It shouldn't, but you never know. Satan has a great hold on the hearts of the children of men. The work is hard here in France, but very rewarding :) I see tender mercies every day, and the Lord is molding me into a true disciple of Jesus Christ.
I love you all, and I can't wait to see all your warm smiles again! To serve a full-time mission for the Lord is the best decision I have ever made, and you all played a part in helping me get here ;) Thank you for all your big hearts and great patience ;) I would like to mention a special thanks to all of my priesthood leaders from Deacon's Quorum-Priest's Quorum. You made living the Gospel fun for me, Just ask Bishop Mortimer about our memories together ;) We had a TON of fun! However, what was more important is that you showed me the way that leads back to Christ!!! I love you all so much ;)I know that this is the Lord's work in which I have been called to do.Jesus is the Christ, our Savior and Redeemer. The Book of Mormon is the Word of God, and Joseph Smith was indeed His prophet! The Gospel was restored, and it is rolling until all the ends of the earth until it shall fill every ear! 
If there was one last thing that I would tell you, I would beg of you to work with the missionaries that are near you! They need you, they cannot do this work with out you! I know because I am on of them now ;) Show the Lord that you are worthy of exaltation, put your shoulder to the wheel and help the Lord in his Vineyard! Contact the missionaries and let them know you want to help! For all you young men, prepare to serve a full-time mission. Study Preach my Gospel, and strengthen your testimonies by reading the Book of Mormon each day! Be worthy; if you aren't, talk to your bishop. He can help you get there! For the Lord to call you to missionary service is a great trust. You must be ready and worthy! A great prophet once said "To be trusted young men, means more than to be loved! " It won't be easy, but I can promise you that it will be worth it!
I have the blessing to take part in this work. I am doing the Father's will; I am a disciple of Jesus Christ!
Sincerely ,
Elder  Petersen



No comments:

Post a Comment