Elder Petersen

Elder Petersen
Toulouse, France

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Feb 27, 2012


Wow, what a week! It has been a week full of miracles and joy!! I love missionary work! Lucien accepted a baptismal date for the 17 or march, and we are going to help him get prepared! We also taught a lot of lessons!! More than I have in a while! However, there is always a little opposition with so many blessings. One mad catholic man yelled and at us, and said some pretty vulgar things about our church. I'm not even sure he knew who we were, he only asked if we were American. He told us he was catholic, and we needed to go home..... I almost lost my patience and told him how great and abominable the Catholic church is... but Elder Bonnett stopped me ;) He knew what I was going to do, love how the spirit warns our companions to help us out haha. It was ironic because the catholic cathedral was just to the right of us.
 
We gave Victoria and Flora Tudor( investigators) blessings this week :) Flora was sick, and we seen it as an opportunity to grow their faith. I love the priesthood, and the power and authority administer blessings! It is so overwhelming to be a tool in the Lord's hands to be the means of pronouncing blessings upon His Children. They felt the Saviors love through the blessings, and Flora even expressed that in a why, a little piece of her was healed inside :) Two days later, we seen them again, and the mother said that she could bend her pinky finger. She couldn't before the blessing because of arthritis. MIRACLES!!!
 
Got a new investigator this week, she was a hand full! She didn't understand that we pray to God... because we end in the name of Christ, she kept getting mad telling us that she would never pray to Jesus, because God is who blesses her... LADY, WE PRAY TO GOD TOO!!!! WE ARE ON THE SAME PAGE, WE DO NOT PRAY TO JESUS! Obviously our pages didn't match up for some reason. It was crazy! Lucien is pretty crazy too ha ha. He is really nice, but does not have a very big attention span.. mix that with some of our members that talk a lot, and it is a MESS! Elder Bonnett and I laughed quite a bit this week ha ha!!! We have so many funny experiences!!!
 
Did an exchange with Brive this week! There is a new missionary there, and his name is Elder Ashton. It is so weird to have done an exchange with a missionary in the same city where I was raised, and see at what point I was at the beginning of my mission! He is a sure heck lot happier than I was at the beginning ha ha. He understands almost nothing; typical! I remember the frustration! It was a good exchange we taught the Plan of Salvation very very simply :) Love the fact that I understand the doctrine so well now!!! Better and better very day!
 
Guess what, I found my umbrella this week too!!! It was still at the train station after all these weeks! However, on coming back to Bergerac the Lord presented me with a way to show my gratitude. There was a man in need, we talked, and I found out that he was homeless, and does not have any shelter. It was at the moment that I thought I have an umbrella I can give him... and even before I could second guess it, the phrase came into my head, "He that giveth not of his goods to the poor and needy shall be damned" and I thought of the scripture in Mosiah 4:16-30 
17 Perhaps thou shalt asay: The man has brought upon himself his misery; therefore I will stay my hand, and will not give unto him of my food, nor impart unto him of my substance that he may not suffer, for his punishments are just—
 18 But I say unto you, O man, whosoever doeth this the same hath great cause to repent; and except he repenteth of that which he hath done he perisheth forever, and hath no interest in the kingdom of God.
 26 And now, for the sake of these things which I have spoken unto you—that is, for the sake of retaining a remission of your sins from day to day, that ye may awalk guiltless before God—I would that ye should bimpart of your substance to the cpoor, every man according to that which he hath, such as dfeeding the hungry, clothing the naked, visiting the sick and administering to their relief, both spiritually and temporally, according to their wants.
I gave him my umbrella, end of story :) I'll get another umbrella another day :)
 
Thank you so much for the package!! I LOVE THE SHIRT! IM GOING BANANAS FOR IT!!! ha ha I had a great Birthday! Oh dad, if you could send me my portable hardrive that would be great :) Could you place 2 gb of music on it as well ?  It has to all be classic or Tabernacle sacred music. President Murdock has spoken haha. Please make play lists so I can change between cd's or artists. I can change the music onto my ipod here on the computers at a cyber cafĂ©! Well gotta go, LOVE YOU!!!!!
 
Ciao Ciao GROS BISOUS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment