Elder Petersen

Elder Petersen
Toulouse, France

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Feb 6,2012 Bergerac


Ma Famille,
I love you so much ! Have I told you that lately ? So guess what !?!? I SNOWED here in Bergerac yesterday ! Can you believe it?! I love the tender mercies of the Lord ! Church was cancelled however ! It snowed about 4-5 inches ! And it is still sticking to the ground today ! Needless to say, it has been very cold lately ha ha !
I'm so jealous that you had Emma's B-day without me ! Next year I'm the coordinator of her party and we're going to have a crêpe party ! We will go bowling too ! Ha ha. Speaking of parties and festivities, our Cowboy night for the youth was a hit ! Total success !!! We got some youth from Perigueux(neighboring city) to come with their youth leader, and the missionaries there brought an investigator as well:) Guillaume Bouchet came and had a great time as well !! He stayed the whole night ! Didn't dance though.
I taught all the youth (and some adults) how to do the bootin' scootin' boogy ! It was hilarious. At first it was a little rough, but they eventually got it down ! I was impressed ! We even had the Branch President's wife on the dance floor who has about 70 years on her ha ha !
We had interviews with President Murdock on Friday:) I had been looking forward to it all transfer because Elder Bowen moved into my zone ! I got to see him again ! I was so excited, we are such good friends:) I feel like he's the brother I never had ! I can see now why it is so special to have a mission companion ; you are brothers forever !
His ear looks great ! Healed up really well ! That will be a story that we both tell for a long time !
Mom, yes It's a girl in the Branch who asked me ! She is 18 years old. No, haven't bought any shoes... they are too expensive. 45-60 euros. I'll just wear the ones I have till the end of my mission:)

I wanted to send you an expert from my letter to my mission president as well, it's some good revelations!

  Another week come and gone! They go by so fast It was very cold this week, it even snowed yesterday! but we worked threw it ;) We are struggling to find new investigators, but I know that with our faith, prayers, and works, the Lord will lead us to those who are ready for the Gospel. 
  We were able to see Guillaume this week, but like I told you, he is still hard-hearted. I'm excited to share with him the scriptures you gave me :) I have a lot of faith that will help him repent and come to Christ! I pray that we will have the spirit with us; I know the Lord can change his heart! Oh, almost forgot! We were able to see Andrew Sunday night! After bearing a strong testimony, he accepted truly read the Book of Mormon! We are going to follow up tomorrow ;)
 Speaking of the Holy Ghost, I did what you suggested for our study this week. I found a lot of revelation in the chapters 4, 11 of 1Nephi. One thing that I learned or remarked is found in chapter 4, the verses 6-18. Nephi was lead by the spirit to do something hard. In his moment of doubt, the Holy Ghost not only taught him truth, but helped him remember why he must carry out the difficult task (vs. 14-17) 
  This can be very beneficial for our investigators, because they can realize that the Holy Ghost as lead them to work out their salvation. Then, they can have confidence that the Holy Ghost will give them courage to do that which is difficult on the path that leads to baptism; keeping the commandments and avoiding the Satan's temptations. He will do that by reminding them of why they are making the efforts in the first place; baptism for the remission of their sins and inherit eternal life!
  President, thanks for what you told me during interviews about becoming the best I can be. I have seen that my studies have been more meaningful since Friday, and my attitude towards opposition and trials has changed. The Lord knows our potential, and He loves us very much. Because He loves us, he wants us to reach our divine potential! I realize now that our trials are the small, or sometimes rather large stepping stones, that will help us day reach our divine potential :) I know that the Lord will never stop encouraging me ;)
  Our activity was a success!! Youth from Perigueux came and so did one of their investigators! Guillaume was there as well and stayed the whole night! It was a blast, and our goal to strengthen the youth was accomplished!
  My niece, Emma, turned 2 years old this Sunday :) She is a little girl now, wow time goes right on by!
Thanks President - Elder Petersen







No comments:

Post a Comment